Your Personal Data –
Uhuru Trekking stores the following information about its clients:
– Information you provide during any voluntary or mandatory registration process (such as first and last name, email address, phone number, geographic location), when you call, email or message us or when you use our services will be stored by Uhuru Trekking on our paper based booking form.
– Payment information that you provide to us
– Any personal data you may provide via our medical records form.
– Your IP Address (will be recorded by our web server when you use our website).
How Personal Data May be Used –
-We may use this data via email if you have actively opted in to receive email notifications.
-Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you.
Personal Data and Third Parties-
– Uhuru Trekking does not and will not ever share or sell your data to any third party.
– We do not collect data on members or potential members from any third parties.
– Uhuru Trekking will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
Security and Privacy of Your Personal Data-
– We employ reasonable technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
– Uhuru Trekking does not have access to or visibility of any financial account information that you provide via our PayPal booking system.
– Any payments made to Uhuru Trekking in person are directly entered to our payment system and are not recorded anywhere on our systems.
Uhuru Trekking has Wordfence which complies with GDPR regulations related to transferring data outside of the EU.
The following Uhuru Trekking electronic messages, sms texts or emails are considered operational (meaning you will receive them even if you have opted out of all communication preferences)
– Booking Confirmation
– Pay Pal Failed Notification
Uhuru Trekking’s Website
– Recorded data which allows our website to recognise you and your preferred settings (cookies), preventing you from needing to provide information on subsequent visits to the site. Your browser can be programmed to warn you before downloading cookies, information regarding this may be found in your browser’s ‘help’ facility.
– Any personal data we collect from our website (contact form) will be used in accordance with EU GDPR and all other applicable laws.
Uhuru Trekking’s Communications-
– If you have actively opted in, you will receive our summer and winter activity and occasional information about any trip and treks we have organised schedules. We do our utmost to ensure these updates are relevant and we are mindful to not spam your inbox.
– Photos may be taken and used by Uhuru Trekking in our promotional material online and offline. We will endeavour to seek your permission on every trip. Please inform us if you do not wish to be photographed.
Keeping your data safe-
– We keep all our clients data securely through our ‘contact us’ system.
Notification of Changes-
– We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we decide to change this privacy statement in any material way, we will notify you here and by email so our members are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we disclose it.